Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The League has expanded its classes and plans to add even more classes in the near future. I find this is pretty exciting. Since retiring I've tried a few of the area resources for classes. Those at the League were by far the most rewarding. The teachers have been excellent. Not only do
they teach the basics, they also encourage the students to challenge themselves, to leave their areas of comfort and explore new ways of approaching their work. It's been a truly enriching experience. I've met most of the teachers. I've taken classes with quite a few. For someone who had left the world of drawing and painting for a long long time, this was the perfect venue for a return. In the next postings, I want to speak about each teacher, give a bit of their background and their relationship toward their art and their teaching.

The voting for the executive board is tomorrow evening at the League.

No comments:

Post a Comment