Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adult Student Show Reception

The adult student show reception last Saturday was a huge success. There was a really large attendance, bigger than anyone can remember. People wandered in, admired, chatted, had a snack and stayed around enjoying the wonderful stuff that was on view. It was fun to see who got ribbons. Laureen's painting was outstanding. She won first prize and deserved it. The window treatment was marvelous. I loved the new hanging backdrops. The food was delicious and Jacque was really grateful that so many of the teachers contributed homemade goodies.

I know it was a lot of hard work by some dedicated people. My only regret is that the show was only for one week. I think that next year it will be extended. I certainly hope so. All that art, all that work....

No comments:

Post a Comment