Monday, June 1, 2009

Alla Jablowka's painting

The newsletter from the Western Springs library had a note that Alla had donated a painting to the children's library. Of course, I had to go and see it. What a wonder! It's a forest like scene, beautifully painted of course, with animals cleverly semi-hidden. To the side of the painting, there's a list of all the ones to find. Like a child, I had a great time locating the rabbits, raccoon, big and little bears, the deer, etc. The librarian joined me in the search and we had a wonderful time. When I dropped into the Gallery later that day, Dee told me that Alla has had prints made. I definitely want one. What a great gift for a child. Actually, I can see myself and my children and grown grandchildren having a great time doing the hunt. What a nice thing to have as a gift for the child who has more than enough toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment