Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Diane's reception, etc.

Diane Nawrocki reception was last Sunday. There were a lot of people there, admiring, buying, chatting, eating, drinking, discussing. I would call it an outstanding success. Diane had asked Helen Blazie to play the violin and it was a lovely accompaniment to the occasion. I saw Connie writing up a lot of sales slips. She was busy enough that a few times I even helped by fetching bags and passing along purchases. I noticed that a lot of people looked also looked at the teacher's wall area and asked quesiions about classes.

It looks like we've gotten a good turn out for the summer classes. As of last count we had over 90 people signed up. When you consider that a lot of our usual students do not sign up for the summer session because of vacation conflicts, I think that's pretty impressive.

A week ago was the Board Meeting. Karen was out of town so Carol Wilson, our recording secretary took the helm. I was substitute recording secretary. I will treat Carol with much more respect from now on. It's not easy keeping all the comments and reports in your head, not to mention on a piece of paper and then writing it all down for the minutes. How do you write eh? I translated into under whelming....

I misspelled Connie's last name. It's Iocovetti. Sorry. Actually, it's nice to know that people are reading the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment